Thursday 13 June 2019

6 Day Crash

Been quiet for over a week.  But nothing exciting has happened, quite the opposite, I've had a 6 day crash, following a busy weekend.

Bedbound for 5 days, minimal light and sound. Some days I was able to watch Amazon Prime for a couple of hours on very low volume & subtitles. Other days nothing.  
My mother is on holiday, so I am at hers.  Looking after the dogs, or rather they are looking after me. 
I am not allowed pets where I live, I really want to find a 1 bedroom ground floor flat where I can have a dog or cat. They make me feel so much better. My mental state would not have been good at all if I was on my own. 
I managed to drag myself up for work, which I did most smallest amount possible before going back to bed. 

Today I've managed to get up, have a shower, which I had to rest again for 3 hours after. I have done a bit of blog advertising, after I post this I will be going back to bed again.

I'm trying really hard not to go crazy and do loads of activities and errands etc, otherwise I will be back to square one. 
Coming out of a crash requires a lot of pacing yourself.  It's so easy to think, oh I'm feeling better today I must do this, this and this. But you will just make yourself worse.

M.E is such a debilitating illness.  Thousands in the UK have this awful illness.  I am lucky that mine is moderate, due to a great clinic in Norwich, The lady I see told me to pace, look into the illness and rest as much as possible.
So many people get told by doctors to do the opposite, to exercise which is the worst thing you can do.  It makes the illness much worse.

 My brain is starting to go blank, heartrate is slowing, and my eyelids are starting to feel heavy.  That is a sure sign I need my bed again. So I shall sign off for now. 👋

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pain Clinic started.

6 days left of my sick leave, then 2 weeks of holiday, then I am back to my part time job.  Just over a week ago I had my first pain clinic...