Tuesday 28 May 2019

Bank Holiday Weekend

Hope everyone had a good bank holiday weekend, with not to much pain and fatigue.

As a part time carer I worked a few hours Saturday and Sunday.
I had so much pain on Saturday, my painkillers weren't seeming to touch it. 😓 However I went to my friends and we played board games. 
Mysterium which I liked, kind of like Cluedo but with cards. I really enjoyed that one. 

The second game we played was Articulate, Played in twos, Take it in turns to pick a few cards, and the person has to describe to they're partner what the word is without saying it. 
During that game I felt my body and mind starting to shut down, I was getting very tired,  I kept having to ask my partner to repeat as my brain was starting to shut down. When it was my turn to describe, my brain just went blank.

We had food after and watched TV.  I could feel my body tiring and so said my goodbye's and thank you's and went home to bed. 

I managed 2pm till 7pm.  Really grateful to my friends for inviting me over as I don't get out much anymore.  I felt awful before going, but I hate cancelling on people, and in the end  I was really glad I went. 

Sunday consisted of working for 3 hours in the morning, And then laying on my bed, watching boxsets and having naps every couple of hours as my fatigue was really bad.

Monday, Pretty much the same as Sunday laid on my bed more or less all day resting. Chatted on the PlayStation to my friends who invited me over on Saturday. Downloaded a new game to play, which I play in sessions, then have a nap or rest break after each session.

My rest breaks are having everything off and me closing my eyes for 10 mins, meditating. My M.E clinic advised me to do this and now it's habit. I take rest breaks every 2 -3 hours.  

My naps on a good day are 30 mins.  On a bad day they can be up to 1.5 hours.

Today is Tuesday. In a lot of pain with my back, body feels really stiff.  Took my painkillers 2 hours ago, but they don't seem to be doing much. And either the live in carer is making so much noise or my ears are overly sensitive today.
I worked a sleep night last night (yes, that is a real thing) and will do 3 hours today.  The rest of my day involves resting and my family are coming over tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pain Clinic started.

6 days left of my sick leave, then 2 weeks of holiday, then I am back to my part time job.  Just over a week ago I had my first pain clinic...